College Basketball Sim
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General League Rules & Guidelines

+8
Dan M
TylerW
Royce R
Dustin S.
Joe
Onyxgem
Nathan S.
MickeyD
12 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

General League Rules & Guidelines - Page 7 Empty Re: General League Rules & Guidelines

Post  Nathan S. Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 pm

I think it should just be make the pick when you can to.
Nathan S.
Nathan S.

Back to top Go down

General League Rules & Guidelines - Page 7 Empty Re: General League Rules & Guidelines

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:47 pm

That way is efficient and organized, this is the best way I can keep track of everything and keep it running smoothly and quickly.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

https://collegebasketballsim.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan S. Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:54 pm

MickeyD wrote:That way is efficient and organized, this is the best way I can keep track of everything and keep it running smoothly and quickly.

If we do 4 picks a day and each team needs lets say even 12 people. There are 16 teams so that is AT LEAST 192 players. 4 picks a day will take 48 days...
Nathan S.
Nathan S.

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelD Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:56 pm

I agree with Mickey guys. He has a lot of stuff to do and this isn't the only thing on his plate. If people just start posting, It could become a big problem by having to look through mountains of posts to find picks. Also, what if somebody types a player that has already been taken and then the next guy goes. It would ruin the team that chose after the guy that made an incorrect or invalid pick, because it would show that guy in front of him who he was taking.

Also, with time limits like that a huge problem comes in the fact that you may not know when you are picking. I'm picking 3 and as you guys know, I don't have the time to check in all of the time, every couple of hours to see if it is my pick. This system allows me to know exactly when I can pick.
MichaelD
MichaelD

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelD Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

And I believe he said 10 rounds. Trust me...Mickey is right he knows what he is doing. Picking like that will create more problems than it solves.
MichaelD
MichaelD

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Hey Mike, I get what your saying. But, what Nathan said is true. Even with 10 rounds, thats still 40 days.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:09 pm

Also, I can't be on here every couple of hours to check time limits. Some days, I'm just not going to be home to enforce the rule. Or if somebody picks at midnight...I certainly cannot be around to make sure a person makes their pick by noon.

It may take 40 days, but if a round goes faster than the 4 days scheduled for it, then the next one will start earlier...remember, those due dates are just there as a limit, picks can come in any time before that. A guy that is scheduled to pick on Sunday may be able to pick on Friday depending on whether or not the guys in front of him pick quickly.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan M Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:25 pm

I understand time being a concern. One option though is to put one of the managers in charge of monitoring the draft. That way all you have to do is set it up and then walk away.

I'm sure Joe would be more than willing to monitor it.
Dan M
Dan M

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathan S. Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Dan M wrote:I understand time being a concern. One option though is to put one of the managers in charge of monitoring the draft. That way all you have to do is set it up and then walk away.

I'm sure Joe would be more than willing to monitor it.

I'd help.
Nathan S.
Nathan S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:35 pm

I offered. I have the time. If Nathan would like to help too, thats great! But in the end, it is up to Mick. Like I said, either way is fine.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 pm

For the record, doing it that way wouldn't be any more efficient. If we use a 6 hour time limit, that's 4 picks a day as well, and that is including if we allow the clock to run all night which wouldn't be fair. It would cause a problem for some people and it wouldn't be any more efficient.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:45 pm

As soon as a pick is made, the clock resets. So if my clock started at noon and I make my pick at 4, the next guys clock starts then. So he would have until 4am to make a pick or take the next best available. I would say do 12 hour windows. So he would have all night to make a pick. I dont think guys would have a problem checking in once a day to see where we are. If they wont be around for there pick, they can pm me a list of 4 or 5 guys they would want. I will post there pick at there deadline. Then the next guys 12 hours start. Once it gets going, it will go fast. I think we could have the draft done in a week, maybe a week and a half.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:49 pm

The draft can be done just as quickly if you guys would just calm down and accept this way for what it is. It isn't much different. A 4am deadline is not fair. My problem also is that I cannot check in on any normal day between midnight and 3pm. This is the fairest and best way to do it. I'd love to get this thing going yes, but fairness is more important.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AsSweetAsCandon Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Guys, I don't want to be confrontational or anything, but I thought I should chime in. You have to give this guy a break. Every time I come on here, you guys are complaining about nothing for no reason. This system is going to work and I couldn't agree with Mickey more that it is fairer and maybe only a little less efficient than the other way. I sometimes can't login between 4pm and 4am to make a pick, this way I know when I am picking and I can schedule myself accordingly.

Bottom line is that you guys have to give Mickey a break. He has a life (I'd assume) outside of this league. He dosen't have the time to come on here and listen to a complaint. That way is fair, you guys got the draft that you wanted, even though I believed the recruiting period was working just fine, so just be quiet and draft, it's all you have to do.
AsSweetAsCandon
AsSweetAsCandon

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex S Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Just sent my first pick in..........its gonna be #5 SG Keith Boone if anyone was curious. I emailed this to you MickeyD.
Alex S
Alex S

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Yup, I got it, thanks Alex
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:09 pm

It's not the way I'd put it, but Candon is right. I already have a girlfriend that complains too much Very Happy .
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Candon, were not complaining, we are offering suggestions and trying to help him out. If he can only be on here after a certain time of day until he passes out, were offering to keep it going.

To answer both of your concerns about 4am, it was an example. Make it a 24 hour window if thats what you think it needs. It wont matter, once you get goin, it goes quick. If it takes one or two guys the limit to make a pick, your still getting 14 others in the meantime. Anyways, its been decided, so Im done!

Im not here to argue or cause any problems. Im simply giving my opinion as is everyone else. Its really just been an explanation of how Ive seen many other drafts work in the past. Were just offering to help! Nothing personal!! Basketball
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm sure Candon understands that. He's been my friend for a long time and may have gotten a little defensive. I'll be on here where I can, the window thing just isn't fair in my mind.

If you wanna keep it going, your pick is up Joe.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Its in!
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce R Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Just got here,

thought I would throw out an idea I don't know if it will work or not.

If you could send someone a list of who you would want to pick. Like say your pick 4 and you know your not online,

You send Joe (sorry using you as an example) a list of your top 4 players. Since he is in charge of the draft then he selects your top available player when its your turn???

Just a way we may be able to speed things up.
Royce R
Royce R

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

I thought it was a given that I would accept those. Yeah, if it isn't your turn feel free to do that.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Easy Killer, Im not in charge here!! However, Im open to anything that could help out, so I would volunteer to do that if approved.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

I think he means if its during the day when your not around... but not sure.
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  MickeyD Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm

It really dosen't matter when you send it to me...just if all of the guys on your list are gone. I'll need to hunt you down.
MickeyD
MickeyD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum